Wednesday, June 20, 2007

June 20, 2007

I know we are coming to an end, but there still seems so much to do to get ready for exit next week. NECC couldn't have some at a worse time, but I am excited about going. Today, I was on the NECC conference site and looked at the program. I discivered a neat planning feature where I could explore the program and then add a session to my planner. The planner kept track of all of the sessions I was interested in. Of all the conferences I have gone to, I have never seen anything like this. Conference planning is going high tech. No more carrying around the big booklet anymore with marked up pages of sessions you want to go to. As I was scanning the sessions, there are many on wikis, podcasts and blogs. I do plan to go to a couple of these sessions because I really enjoy to hear ideas that other come up with on how to use them in the classroom. I have been to podcasting sessions before and many of them show Garageband on the mac, which doesn't really help us in our schools. I was really excitied to see a podcasting for windows session. Other sessions I am excited to go to are universal design (yes, I was surprised to see one too!), students podcasting daily news and many more...I leave Sunday morning. I will have to let you all know how it goes.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

Jess,
I'm so glad I sign in on your blog - I've got to try that planner too! See ya' Sunday!

Shannon R. said...

Good luck on your trip! Have fun! I wish it was possible for regular teachers to have these same opportunities to travel to great conferences...the best one I went to I had to pay for...oh, well, maybe one day.

Jodi said...

Enjoy NECC....and good luck next Friday.
Jodi

I enjoyed working with you on the advocacy project.

Julie said...

Have a great time at the conference Jess. Will be in touch to plan for the exit experience.

fergusoncd540 said...

I can not wait to hear about some of the ideas that you have learned at the conference!