Thursday, June 14, 2007

June 14

Wow! Did I really miss blogging this past week. Maybe I was just too caught up in reading everyone Else's. I must say I am quite impressed with the thoughts of many in our group...so creative and some pretty deep. I can at least be the light and simple for everyone. In class our group was discussing the hope that this semester was being taken in an entire semester instead of 6 weeks. The new tools we have been learning about have been very fun and it would have been great if we would have had more time to really explore them like we explored Wikipedia. Another thought is that we could have had 1 blog that just discussed Will Richardson's book. There are so many good websites that he discusses that we could have evaluated for ourselves and wrote about them in a blog.

Completing our Public Service Announcements in a digital format really made me appreciate it. It was so much easier than doing in camera editing on the old VHS cameras and it is so much cleaner. Thank God for the technology age!

4 comments:

Natalie's Google Account said...

I would love to have a professional development just on using the tools that are discussed by Will Richardson in his book. The only way to learn how to use the tools is to work with them...

Josh said...

I couldn't even imagine us working with the old VHS tapes...of course 10 years down the road they will say that about us and our mini dv tapes:)

Pete said...

I agree. The tools we ar learning about are a lot of fun. I think that we will continue to learn them as we introduce them to teachers in our buildings. I find that is where I learn a lot, right before I have to teach them or show them to someon else.

Carlene said...

I think this would have been more fun if we had been trying it with a class. I am sure going to try to sell these ideas to teachers next year.

Carlene