Thursday, May 31, 2007

May 31- Wikis and such...

Last week when we started to think about blogs and how they could be used in the classroom, everything my mind went to was actually more suited for a wiki than a blog. I love the ideas of wikis. I can think of many times when I was in undergrad where it would have been very nice to have a wiki to collaborate on. I had a friend who sent all of her papers to her mom and dad because they were English teachers. A wiki would have been very nice because just by using the history feature she could see what changes they had recommended.

It was a good experience creating a page on Wikipedia. I have read many things from there, but never created a page before. I think it would be neat to have kids create pages on there as well. It amazed me how someone was editing the page within 10 minutes of me finishing it. I really look forward to doing more collaboration next year with Angel and wikis and blogs.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Jess...next year and the year after. I look at your kids in the snow and wonder how they will be collaborating when they are your age. The possibilities are endless.

Julie said...

Great picture Jess!! :O)